Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Got Insurance?

Last night I had a baby shower for Alicia, Jeremy's sister, over at our house. Jeremy took the boys out for a night out at the park. He came home about 7:45 and said that we needed to go up to the office right away, that someone had run their car through our building. He didn't have any more details. We pulled up to this...



That is Jeremy's office. If this happened while he was here my wonderful husband would be gone!!! I was sick when I saw this. The guy driving the van went into a diabetic seizure and hit his foot on the gas about 50 yards south of our building. He crossed four lanes of traffic on State Street, without hitting anyone, and ran into our office building. When the police got there the man was still seizing and his foot was still on the gas so the car's tire was just spinning on our carpet (the car was pushing Jeremy's desk up agains the other side of the wall in his office). Notice in the first picture how close the van is to hitting the natural gas pipes! We could have exploded! To say the least I feel EXTREMELY blessed today that things turned out as good as they did. Jeremy's been wanting a new front to his building- I guess now's the time to do it! Thank goodness for insurance!!
(The police told us that the man is ok- that the accident didn't injure him, and that they were able to get his blood sugar to get the seizures back under control.)


11 comments:

mreay said...

Oh my word! What a crazy thing to happen to you guys. I am so glad everyone is ok! Yes, these are the times insurance comes in very handy...we know a thing or too about insurance ourselves :-)

Sterling said...

What?! You're kidding!! I can't believe that just happened! Good thing Jer wasn't there and it's amazing nobody got hurt.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh...this looks even worse than you described it. Im glad Jer will get the new office front he always wanted.

Heather said...

I drove by the other day and wondered why it was boarded up. Wow! What a blessing he wasn't there.

Beth Davis said...

Wow! That is unbelievable!!! I hear about stuff like that happening, but not to anyone I know. I'm so glad your husband wasn't there and that no one involved got hurt.
Let's definitely hang out!!! We need to get Brett and Kelly to hang out too! I'm going to CA for a week, but when I get back- let's get together:-)

Ellery said...

Ohhhhh my goooshhhhh!!! i cant believe i haven't seen that driving by!!!! I am so glad jeremy wasnt there! and the guy didnt hit the gas pipes and die and that he was ok!!! what a crazy thing, you wont forget that for a while.

charity said...

oh wow! what is up with men driving while their diabetes goes crazy? some dude nearly ran my parents off the road the other day and bumped into our boat trailer while my dad was towing it.

a lot less damage than your guy did! unbelievable!

Janell said...

That is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. Kind of ironic you're an "insurance" family! I'm so glad everyone is okay!

megan said...

That is so crazy. I am so glad you and your husband were not there that could have been bad. I was just talking to someone today about a car weaving and driving all over the road. They followed him and called the cops and he was having the same diabetic problem. So sorry about the office but, glad you are all okay.

cherice said...

love the pics! i have a blog now chericeanderson@blogspot.com! hey can you email me the pics of the accident??? thanks love you!

Anonymous said...

wow! i can't believe that! I am so glad jeremey wasn't there! hope everything is working out ok. lets get together soon!