This is Grandma Duck. She taught Austin how to ride this scooter. We couldn't get him off it all weekend!
Jeremy had gone to Greenbay with the boys in my family for the Packers vs Titans game. He was flying straight to Colorado to meet me and the boys. At first I thought that I would try driving out with them...then on second thought, 8 hours of driving by myself with the boys...it was worth the $$ to take the 1 hour flight. Austin was so good on the flight, and Makay was as busy as usually wanting to see and touch everything around him. He kept wanting to push Austin out of the way so he could stand next to the window and look out. Austin was thrilled at the end of the flight when the pilot asked him if he wanted to come and sit in the pilot's chair. For the past month when we go to sleep at night Austin says the "Star light, Star bright..." poem with me. Every single night he wishes for the same thing...an airplane. It was a dream come true to actually get to "drive" the plane!
Austin in the pilot's chair. The pilot was the one taking the picture, he was a little bit nervous still to be that close to him.
We went camping to a beautiful place just outside of Leadville. We had a great weekend with the family, Austin LOVES playing with his cousins, and we survived the nights in the tent! Needless to say, our first camping trip was a success!
The first night Austin kept waking up throughout the night crying. When he woke up in the morning he had a HUGE smile on his face. He was thrilled to be in a tent. I asked him how he slept, and he told me "good", like he always does. Then I asked him if he liked sleeping in a tent. He looked at me with that big smile still on his face and said "I like, I like sleeping at home!" I couldn't agree with him more!
Austin's favorite passtime is throwing rocks...
which quickly turned into this...
Makay wasn't about to miss out on the fun. He fought and fought until Jeremy let him put his feet in the water, which wasn't enough for him.
He insisted on sitting completely in the FREEZING cold water. He was having the time of his life!
Jeremy and Dustin- the boys get their love of cold water from their Dad. He longs for freezing cold river water to swim in. Me on the other hand, give me Lake Powell water in August any day and I'm happy.

Jeremy and Makay

Jer took the kids on an early morning walk


Austin LOVES his cousins so much and has so much fun with them!


2 comments:
I'm glad your camping trip went so well. We tried last month but Abree screamed all night. Guess there is always next year!
Wow that looks like the most beautiful camping spot. The mountains and greenery is gorgeous! Your cute boys braved the icy water...typical boys! :)
Post a Comment