Monday, November 5, 2007

Makay's Baby Blessing

This past sunday was Makay's baby blessing. It seems like special days like this never go "just right"- 30 minutes before Austin's blessing he through his first screaming fit. I couldn't get him to stop. I tried everything. I fed him again, even though I had just finished feeding him 30 minutes prior. I changed his diaper. I even searched his entire outfit for any pins that Grandma Trail could have possibly left in the outfit when she was sewing it- that was how hard he was screaming...nothing. Finally I decided we had to just take him to the church screaming. I went to put on his shoes- they didn't fit- I couldn't even sqeeze them in. I left the house in tears (the day did end up wonderful...but lets just say that it wasn't a perfect start!) This was completely opposite of the morning we had with Makay. Both boys slept wonderful on Saturday night, we woke up with an additional hour to get ready for church as it was day light savings, and Makay didn't make a peep- at least not a screaming peep- all day long. It really was a perfect day. Jeremy gave a beautiful blessing. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and father for my boys! Below are some pictures of our day.

Grandma and Papa Trail

Papa Neal and Granny BJ
Grandpa Gus

We loved having everyone here for the blessing! We are so grateful that Jeremy's parents, and Corey and Maria and their kids, Holly and Joe and their kids, and Grandpa Gus would all travel to come out here for this!

5 comments:

Sommer said...

Beautiful pictures, and a beautiful day!

Katie said...

Darling pictures Terra. I am very impressed with your blogging.

Dana Dastrup said...

Very Cute Pictures!! Very Perfect day. Makay took a nap while I was holding him for like an hour. Life couldn't get any better!! I also agree with Katie... you are quite the little blogger these days!! Keep up the good work.. cause we all know everyone checks your blog daily now (Holly checks it more then once a day!) He he He!!

megan said...

terra so glad to find you blogging. i know those days. You look beautiful and I am glad that your day went alot better after all. What a darling baby and family.

Anonymous said...

he's darling! can't wait to see you!