Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What Boy Doesn't Love Building Forts?

Austin's favorite part of the day is when Jeremy gets home from work. He knows that is his time with his dad. So last night when Jeremy got home and had to leave 15 minutes later to go to scouts Austin was devistated! To get the crying to stop I had to think quick. I asked him if he wanted to build a fort and watch Cars from inside the fort. Luckily the crying stopped. Whoever knew that building forts took so much talent? I tried stacking pillows, moving our couches around, using chairs...I couldn't keep the sheets from falling. After about 20 minutes I had a lame excuse for a "fort" where Austin could lay under the sheet and if he didn't touch anything then it wouldn't collapse. This sufficed until Jeremy got home and he was able to take over and build a real fort with Austin. Let's just say he had alot more fun in Jeremy's fort then he did in mine!



2 comments:

Sommer said...

You are posting so often, I am impressed! I love the fort and Austin and Jeremy's big smiles.

Katie said...

Forts are a ton of work. I am very impressed, my forts always fall and Coleman just says he'll take over. He actually does a better job than I do. I guess it's just a boy thing!